To serve others is a noble profession. Echo is passionate about elevating the status of both front of the house and back of the house personnel. We will work with your restaurant, club, or hotel to develop and implement practices that will inspire your employees to deliver exceptional service. The work we do will also reduce your employee turnover and help you to attract the best employees in the industry.
Client Engagement Profile
The Mayfield Sand Ridge Club
Club Excellence: Molding Today's Vision into Tomorrow's Reality
In the few years prior to our engagement the Mayfield Country Club undertook a groundbreaking transformation when it merged with Sand Ridge Golf Club and acquired the Oakwood Club. Throughout these transitions the club's staff worked diligently to serve the needs of the three diverse groups of members. At the time of our engagement the club’s leadership team had begun to feel the fatigue of their efforts rather than the reward of their hard work. Also at this time the club, which had always felt like a home away from home for its members was seeking new ways to keep members feeling at home.
An Appreciative Inquiry approach was designed to guide all stakeholders to discover, dream, design, and deliver an energized and sustainable vision for their club. The project highlighted the staff's value, it helped them to reengage with their purpose and unite as a powerful team. It also brought the members together around one shared vision for their club where they benefit from its diversity rather than be divided because of it.
- Unified members with a shared vision of the club and today they work together to attain this vision.
- Strengthened staff to staff, staff to member, and member to staff relationships.
- Members and staff honor the diversity among their membership and strive to make their diverse membership a competitive advantage.
- Staff understands and feels appreciated for the value of their contributions which improved morale and recommitted them to their roles.
Value of Outcomes
- Club usage increased by 25% to 30%.
- Incoming membership more than doubled and retention rates improved.
Quote from Client
General Manager Ned Welc: “I was not exactly sure how things would turn out when we started this project, it felt a bit risky but it was worth the risk because outcome rewards far outweighed our investment. Today the board and other members continue to recognize the value of the work we did."