Coaching for Kids
Helping kids age 12 to 18 to embrace their unique strengths, values, skills, and abilities. Coaching helps kids to improve school performance, establish friendships, build strong relationships, increase creativity, and feel confident while having fun in all they do.
While utilizing the Intentional Change Theory, Learning Styles, and Appreciative Inquiry we vividly imagined how these tools designed to help adults soar at work could also help kids soar in life. For several years we have been building and testing a vision for outreach to kids. Today we positively impact kids age 12 to 18 through individual and small group coaching and through the Patty Woods Girls Leadership Academy.
Kids who soar are…
- Confident and with healthy self-esteem.
- Work well with others.
- Creative problem solvers.
- Able to bounce back more easily from disappointments and set-backs.
Kids who soar will…
- Set meaningful goals, take goal-oriented action, and achieve their goals.
- Build strong relationships based on mutual respect and appreciation.
- Develop a useful and on-going curiosity.
- Believe that they can learn, grow, and achieve.
- Improve school and activity performance.
Kids Who Soar...
- Do their best in school.
- Enjoy their activities.
- Have good friends.
- Have good relationships with adults.
- Tap into their creativity.
- Have fun!
A four-phase cycle is used to helps kids build a foundation for self-awareness, self-confidence, and connecting with others.
Aware: expand understanding of what is important (e.g. good grades, friends, activities, learning, healthy habits…) and why.
Determined: declare what is personally important and decide how to get it.
Experiment: explore and practice new actions and behaviors that help you get what is important to you.
Celebrate: recognize when your hard work and practice is successful.
Invite us to speak. We speak to kids age 10 to 20 or to groups of adults and would love to inspire your group or community to help kids soar.